Monday, 12 January 2015

How to Blurb and Blurb and Blurb

Post from http://www.danieluk.net

How to Blurb and Blurb and Blurb

I"ve given a workout to adverbs like “tremendously” and “incredibly,” and adjectives like “brilliant” and “fascinating.” I have blurbed memoirs, novels, comic books, children"s books and a half-dozen book proposals. I accidentally used the exact same …
Read more on New York Times


Paperback Row

THIS IS THE STORY OF A HAPPY MARRIAGE, by Ann Patchett. (Harper Perennial, $ 15.99.) These sparkling personal essays, by the author of “Bel Canto” and “State of Wonder,” cover the quotidian and the profound: from Patchett"s passion for opera and her …
Read more on New York Times


How do movie blurbs work? – Christopher Beam – Slate Magazine

A full-page ad in the New York Times for Fantastic Mr. Fox includes the endorsement: ""Grade A. The #1 Must-See Movie" For Thanksgiving." Although this quote is attributed to Entertainment Weekly, it does not actually appear in the magazine"s review.
Read more on Slate



How to Blurb and Blurb and Blurb http://www.danieluk.net/news/how-to-blurb-and-blurb-and-blurb/ #Blurb, #Books, #HowTo, #Magazine, #Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment