Post from http://www.danieluk.net
Before I moved to New York, I was commuting to it in fitful stops and starts, often a victim of an inhumane 6AM United flight out of Chicago O’Hare that was always filled with the same suits. Lawyers probably, or investors. People whose business cards have texture and serif type. When we’d arrive at LaGuardia, you could see it on their faces: emptiness, the thousand-yard stares of middle-aged men who’ve been stripped of their ability to give a shit. I mean, sure, they were tired — we all were! — but the void ran deeper than that. The wide-eyed wonder of the city had been beaten out of them by years, perhaps decades of coach-class business trips.
I didn’t want that for myself. I moved, as all people who move to New York, I think,…
Continue reading…
Alone with AmazonFresh in the city http://www.danieluk.net/news/alone-with-amazonfresh-in-the-city/
No comments:
Post a Comment