Sunday, 17 May 2015

Forgotten Dreams 5

Post from http://www.danieluk.net

CHLOE


Where is my dearest Chloe with the dark, dark eyes?

Is she wand’ring the hillside yearning for her love?

Does she sit disconsolate, gazing to the skies

Seeking heaven’s reply to her longings and cries?


Where is my Chloe with the dark midnight tresses?

Is she picking herbs and flowers in the meadow?

Perhaps distracted with delight of summer’s charms

Forgetful for the moment to seek her lover


Making a bouquet, match her dress for first of May

(She must be wond’ring if she’ll be chosen its Queen)

And this will be my chance, if that does come to pass

To gaze upon her beauty from the crowd, unseen


Where is my girl Chloe with the dark, loving eyes?

Maybe she resting, thinking longing thoughts for me?

I’m her lad, she’ll know, tho’ we’re not together yet

(We’ve exchanged glances in the village where we met)


Oh, where is my dear Chloe with her dark, dark eyes?

Perhaps out walking, in fine petticoats and lace

With blue bonnet and a basket a’ carrying ?

She may need me this moment, Chloe of such grace….


Oh Chloe, my heart’s desire, beautiful dark maid!

Wanting her so much I must no longer tarry

I love with soul entire and will my whole life long

Though she knows it not, as yet – it’s her I’ll marry


I sit and dream, and think, and dream again of Chloe

Work, rest and work again is by my thought made light

I can no longer wait before my heart’s admission

I’m fit to burst with longing to have her in my sight

There’s sound upon the cobblestones – hear, there’re

footsteps in the lane!

There’s someone passing by our door with a pretty, rhythmic gait

Beautiful in petticoats and lace, she has long, dark tresses

And her bonnet it is blue – is it really true?


…Yes, it is my heart’s love coming by – it is my Chloe!


…………………


CIRCLES (1)


Each one is a circle

Complete in itself

Each circle is moving

In path of its own

Circles here, moving there

Come close not touching

Some circles attracting

Not always matching

Two Circles contacting

Hurt or distorted

Circles true uniting

Brief blend, then parting

Each programmed forever

Circle shape maintain

Each cell is a circle

A part of the whole

Each being a circle

Holding key to All

Each of us expanding

Increasing our scale

Will find all embracing

Great Circle’s great peace.


CIRCLES (2)


Each is a circle, complete in itself

Growing, expanding, revolving in space

With others touching, bumping, and floating

Each being a mere cell in the great human race


Circles expanding, shrinking and dying

Seeking adventures in time and in space

Bound by law which permits fleeting blending

Brief union designed to procreate human race.

Each is complete, only small or larger

Expands, revolving with others in space

Yearns unite and to blend with another

Seeking love’s bliss- but gains only passing embrace.

Respect for one’s circle and others all

Touching, and bumping, , brief in their blending

Destined return to single sphere again

Still yearn for a union which is not passing

Each knows yearning, forever a hunger

For greater oneness beyond time and place

Seeking existence in the great Allness

Final fulfilment in the Great Circle’s Great Space.


…………………..


COMPENSATIONS OF OLD AGE


Gone the beauty, gone the glory

Gone anticipation’s story

Gone the brightness and the sparkle

Given way to old age twinkle!


Gone luxuriant flowing tresses

Gone the pretty, frilly dresses

Gone the passionate caresses

Also countless sad distresses!


Gone the fresh, smooth and glowing skin

Gone body’s firmness, muscles trim

Gone so much awareness of “him”

And much propensity to sin!


Gone the beauty, but gone the woe

Gone the energy, now so slow

Gone the attractiveness of youth

Gone the shy blushes – now aloof!


Gone the compliments and glory

Gone the flatterer’s easy story

Gone the agonies of love’s pain

I wouldn’t wish them back again!


Gone busy senseless social round

No need the searching; now I’ve found

Gone the grief and gone the stresses

Sadly, gone luxuriant tresses!


But now it’s not “sour grapes” that makes me say

That really contented I am to stay

Living a few more good years unhurried

Enjoying peaceful old age unworried.


………………


COURTING


It’s here a quick smile

And there a fond tear

Sometimes a furtive glance

When my dear love’s near.


Then a fond gesture

My actions and heart

In simple love vesture

Heart’s secrets impart.


He’ll come now today

I’ve a hunch he may

I do hope and I pray

He responds in May.


For when summer’s come

A lingering smile

And another’s fond glance

May tempt him awhile


And if by the autumn

He’s not started courting

And winter wind brings chill

He may won’t ever will.


Can I wait to next spring

To fine whistle and sing

Adorned then as a bride

Finger ringed, man beside?


No, I’ll wait no longer!

I’ll choose slow down my smile

Not shy to be fonder

I’ll turn to another.


………….


CYCLES OF AWAKENING


With soft glow of morning

Magpies a-carolling

All verdure a-trembling

At whisper of dawn’s breeze

With first shafts of sunrise

Birds flutter, awakening

All nature a-glowing

Then light’s magic achieved

With heat of noon’s power

The shade and cool bower

Are havens for all life

Mid-day a-languishing

Sunlight diminishing

Man, motor and wildlife

All cease activity

Twilight tranquillity

Nightfall, light departing

Reveals stars a-twinkling

Life active, secretly

Is dark cloaked but serene

Then sleep beckons sweetly

Man’s soul slips to freedom

Travels a-journeying

Spirit life proves supreme

And in the soft flow of morning

With the bird life a-twittering

All of Nature in its ritual

Then re-awakens from its dreams.


……………


© Copyright Elizabeth Adams 2000



Astrology and Astronomy are closely related in that the latter observes the heavenly bodies and the first interprets their influences upon the human nature and life on our planet. The third science that so well should be part of the trio is that of Psychology. The three in concert provide a solid basis for strengthening the link between the material and heavenly worlds with the third detailing the causes of the behavioural nature of the human psyche and its responses to the invisible weather of forces we cannot choose to ignore.



More Pageflip 5 Articles



Forgotten Dreams 5 http://www.danieluk.net/news/forgotten-dreams-5/ #Pageflip, #Pageflip5, #Related

No comments:

Post a Comment